Forum Limited Support: The forums are a means of exchanging helpful information, however due to limited staffing we may not be able to respond to support requests. For more prompt support, please head over to the Solution Center

Plane crashes while taxing across bridge area  [SOLVED]

Official Support Forum
cvultejus
Verified Customer
United States of America

Plane crashes while taxing across bridge area

Post by cvultejus » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:30 pm

On taxiway S and T when crossing north to south there are bridges that extend over a motor way. When I approach the bridge areas where there is a small split in the taxiway. Depending on your view angle you can see a small fence line protruding thru the taxi way and bridge area. That area has always been kinda messed up but I could always taxi across with just a slight bump going across area. With v2.0 it just crashes into bridge or fence. I have vector and run the Airport Elevation correction after installing KPHX 2.0 but makes no difference. I also checked to see if I had any other KPHX scenery or AFCADS installed which could conflict with phx 2.0 but no other phx are installed. I haven't tried taxi south to north across that area but I would expect same result.

cvultejus
Verified Customer
United States of America

Re: Plane crashes while taxing across bridge area

Post by cvultejus » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:39 pm

Oh yes forgot to add I'm using P3D v4 and Windows 10
NVIDIA GTX 1080 with current drivers
RAM 16.0
i7-4790k cpu 4.0 GHZ 64 bit

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:45 pm

Do you have crash detection enabled? If so that will do it.

I spent numerous hours testing to include going over all bridges in both directions and I never even remotely came across this issue.

I also use P3D v4 with ORBX etc. I will go back and try it again but if I were you I would definitely check to make sure crash detection is not on. Almost all third party vendors recommend it be turned off. That is something even back to FS9 days.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

SammyH
United States of America

Re: Plane crashes while taxing across bridge area  [SOLVED]

Post by SammyH » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:45 am

I went and gave it a try, I cannot duplicate it. I am using P3D v4.1 with everything ORBX has to offer for North America to sum it up. I have posted some pics below of me crossing the T and S Taxiway bridges in both directions (North to South and South to North) in the biggest aircraft in my inventory; I also tried it with the smallest aircraft I have with no luck.

Again, I would check that you do not have crash detection enabled as this can create all kinds of issues in the sim especially with Addon Airports due to some of the objects being transparent. For instance, a Taxiway sign that you see on an airport may only show 1/3 of the size it really is, the other 2/3 of the sign is transparent, with crash detection on you would hit that taxi sign and wonder why, your wing visually passed right over it but the sim with the detection turned on will also see those transparent areas that you cannot.

Hope this gives you some help or direction to look into.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

cvultejus
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by cvultejus » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:28 am

There is still something between the taxi way and bridge on my system, its very low and can only be seen at certain angels. The crash override works so no more issue with crashing into it. Thanks for the help.

uminskip
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by uminskip » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:58 pm

I have done a clean install of KPHX v2 (v2.02) and now I run into this on taxiways S and T when crossing from one side to the other (picture attached). I also checked to see if I had any other KPHX scenery or AFCADS installed which could conflict with phx 2.0 but no other kphx sceneries are installed. Also did a check on Orbx scenery conflict - none reported. Ran the Flightbeam troubleshooter, found one file that I deactivated (see pic)
but the objects still show up in the scenery. Hope that this helps in tracking the problem. For now I have crash detection turned off.
kphx.JPG
Flightbeam.JPG
Paul Uminski

kiwonkim
Korea South

Post by kiwonkim » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:54 pm

It still exist at there with P3D V5 hf1.. I have all of ORBX , NA region, Openlc.. but i cannot find what should be deactivated

after touching down ,the only solution is just turn off detect crash and stress option