KIAD For X Plane 11?  [SOLVED]

Official Support Forum
WizYT
United States of America

KIAD For X Plane 11?

Post by WizYT » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:14 am

Hello, I've come across Flightbeam KIAD about two years ago, and instantly loved it, it depicted my home airport beautifully and accurately.

About a year or two ago, on this forum I asked whether Flightbeam Studios was planning to create XP11 scenery.

I have now seen the studios create PHX in XP11, and I am definitely getting my hopes up.

Is it possible that FB Studios will be able to create or make available FB KIAD for XP11?

It would be wonderful if that was to happen.

Good day,
Boris

SammyH
United States of America

Re: KIAD For X Plane 11?  [SOLVED]

Post by SammyH » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:43 am

It is not in the works at this time and currently no plan for it. That is not saying something will not change in the future. PDX for XP was under a different developer for Flightbeam than the person who made IAD which is why it was there choice to do the PDX XP version.

Again, not saying it won't possibly change in the future but for now our plans are outlined pretty well for the next couple years with NZAA and a poll currently running for a new airport after that. Our other developers have projects in work right now such as LFBO and of course many updates planned for current airports.

Hope this gives you some insight.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

WizYT
United States of America

Re: KIAD For X Plane 11?

Post by WizYT » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:20 pm

SammyH wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:43 am
It is not in the works at this time and currently no plan for it. That is not saying something will not change in the future. PDX fro XP was under a different developer for Flightbeam that the person who made IAD which is why it was there choice to do the PDX XP version.

Again, not saying it won't possibly change in the future but our plans are outlined pretty well for the new couple years with NZAA and a poll currently running for a new airport after that. Our other developers have projects in work right now such as LFBO and of course many updates planned for current airports.

Hope this gives you some insight.
Ah, that makes sense. Indeed this makes me sad, but I understand you guys are working hard on other projects.

SammyH
United States of America

Re: KIAD For X Plane 11?

Post by SammyH » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:28 am

No worries at all, thank you for the continued support.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5