Forum Limited Support: The forums are a means of exchanging helpful information, however due to limited staffing we may not be able to respond to support requests. For more prompt support, please head over to the Solution Center

KDEN P3Dv5 - Custom Terrain not showing (airport is flat)

Official Support Forum
Wolkenschreck
Verified Customer
Germany

KDEN P3Dv5 - Custom Terrain not showing (airport is flat)

Post by Wolkenschreck » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:50 am

Hi Mir & Team,

Are there any known problems with the custom terrain of KDEN in P3Dv5? The airport is completely flat in my installation and does not show the cliffs and banks between the runways, which I get in v4.

Having read through the forum I found the two threads about the mesh problems, which I also see and could solve with adjusting the airport reference altitude. But here I am referring only to the custom terrain (i.e. the intentional dips).

There is no mesh add-on running, no Vector, and no ORBX. Moreover, I disabled the stock APX20170.bg in 202 to see if there is any conflict but I could not see an improvement. Also a reinstallation did not help.

Any ideas what could be happening here?

Best,
Christoph

SammyH
United States of America

Re: KDEN P3Dv5 - Custom Terrain not showing (airport is flat)

Post by SammyH » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:01 am

Christoph, have you tried to adjust the terrain settings within the Sim?
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

Wolkenschreck
Verified Customer
Germany

Post by Wolkenschreck » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:14 am

Thanks for getting back to me, Sammy.

Yes, tried 5m to 1m and various tessellation factors. But nothing helped.

But deactivating Scenery/202 completely in the Scenery Library does restore the custom terrain. Thus, there has to be a conflicting file in 202. I would rule ORBX out here, as the closest product of them is Jackson Hole and their Central Rocky Mountain Region. Owning nothing else in this region I would assume that a LM stock file is causing the issue. Having also checked some YouTube clips of other users I could saw the same issue on their PC.

Could you by any chance have a look in v5 at the land between 16L and 16R? It has a very pronounced depression with the custom mesh but is pan flat with 202 active.

Thank you,
Christoph

Wolkenschreck
Verified Customer
Germany

Post by Wolkenschreck » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:22 am

The release of the new HF1 for P3D 5.1 gave me the opportunity to further look into this. The following picture is taken with a vanilla P3D 5.1 HF1 with only FB Denver active (Mesh set to 1m).

Thus, stock P3D v5 does prevent the custom terrain from showing.

bribeth
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by bribeth » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:54 pm

I have the same problem.
Brian A. Neuman