KDEN COMMON PROBLEMS / FAQ

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

KDEN COMMON PROBLEMS / FAQ

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:57 am

Here are VERY common issues that can arise, but remember support topics go to the SUPPORT forum which is found at the top of the main KDEN FORUM

I see default KDEN buildings, or duplicate buildings

SOLUTION:
These are symptoms of a duplicate/conflicting AFCAD file that pre-existed in your sim. In the Flightbeam Manager, go to the main page and click the "Troubleshooting" tab. The Manager will then find possible conflicting files and you will be able to disable them directly.

If this doesn't work, then the conflicting file is a bit harder to find. At this stage, use the Scenery Library to de-activate other addons one at a time to see which contains the conflicting file.

I get a stutter/pause every few seconds

SOLUTION:

The Addon Manager still recognizes KDEN and attempts to load missing files.

SOLUTION:

Go to this folder: YOUR_SIM_ROOT\Flightbeam\Flightbeam - KDEN\scenery

Delete this file: kdenrunwaymarking.BGL

The scenery will not be affected and nothing will appear missing. We'll provide a liveupdate to the scenery through the Flightbeam Manager shortly.
I LOST MY DOWNLOAD LINK, SERIAL NUMBER OR OTHER ORDER INFO

SOLUTION:
As of July 1, 2019 we no longer use serial numbers unless you purchased from a third party vendor (Simmarket, PCAviator, etc).
To re-download, simply visit our new shop: https://shop.flightbeam.net/
Click "Account" and login, you will see all your downloads for your products.

If you don't see your products there and you've purchased it in the past from us, here are some reasons why this could be:

- You may have purchased them with a different email
- You haven't migrated your old orders yet

If you purchased anything from us before July 1, 2019, we have sent you an account invitation email which automatically merged your previous orders to our new store. If you did not receive this email, please email Support@flightbeam.net with as much information as possible.

If you purchased from different emails, you can merge those orders as well. Simply head over to our main FAQ to find out how: http://flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3406
KDEN is sitting on a raised plateau, or I have other terrain anomalies

SOLUTION:
A mesh addon is causing a problem. If you're using an Orbx mesh, make sure you have the latest version. Some addons such as FSGenesis will cause terrain anomalies and are impossible to correct. Additionally please make sure your terrain mesh settings are at the highest values, these settings typically don't affect performance with modern PCs

For users with FTX Vector, you need to disable AEC (Airport Elevation Correction) for KDEN in the FTX Vector settings. If you do not do this, you will see huge plateaus inside the airport. An example on how to do this is pictured below:

The Scenery doesn't blend well with default with FTX Global

SOLUTION:
KDEN is FTX compatible and we have a whole set of files just to match it. Open the Flightbeam Manager, click on the "KDEN" tab, then click the "FTX Global Textures" button to download the texture pack automatically