Forum Limited Support: The forums are a means of exchanging helpful information, however due to limited staffing we may not be able to respond to support requests. For more prompt support, please head over to the Solution Center

Flightbeam Updates

SammyH
United States of America

Flightbeam Updates

Post by SammyH » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:01 am

All, as some of you may have seen today we released quite a few updates for our products all which were pushed via the Flightbeam Manager. While most of these were related to P3Dv5, some were made for P3Dv4.5 as well.

I wanted to touch on these patches that were released and the details surrounding them. To limit the questions that usually come with this I have labelled each section with the updated platform that it pertains to. If it does not have v5 next to it in some way, shape, or form then it is a v4.5 update as well as v5.

You can get the updates for your products by simply running your Flightbeam Manager and clicking on the green banner that appears on top of the Manager. Once the update is complete it will restart the Manager and you will be updated.

Here are a list of changes:

KIAD, KSFO, KDEN:
- Dynamic lighting improvements (v5 only)

KPHX:
- Fixes to exclude default taxiway signs (v5 only)
- Adjusted approach lighting shader to remain invisible during daytime (v5 only)
- Applied solid platform on the helipad to allow helicopter landings (v5 only)

KMSP:
- PAPI fixes for RWY 17
- Various navigation fixes for RWYs 17/35
- Ground improvements to minimize shadows seen from distance (v5 only)

As always we are standing by to assist you, we simply ask that you read current topics in the forums before opening a new one. More than likely your question has already been asked and solved. Also, please do not forget to read the FAQ section for the forums and each individual scenery topic as they hold valuable information which can also answer most questions. If you have yet to get anywhere with those solutions then open a topic and we will be glad to help.

Lastly, we always tell any support request to expect a 24-48 hour turn-around time for any support topic opened or any email request sent to us. If you send it on Friday, more than likely will be Monday before you get a response.

Thank you all for your time and I hope you enjoy the updates!
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

SammyH
United States of America

Re: Flightbeam Updates

Post by SammyH » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:01 am

All, if you are having issues with anything mentioned above, please open a topic in your respective scenery forum or update an outstanding topic. This is an Announcement topic only.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5