COVID-19 - Support Status - Production Status and more info: http://flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3742

P3D V5/ KSFO / ORBX True Earth Norcal

Official Support Forum
davidzill
Verified Customer

P3D V5/ KSFO / ORBX True Earth Norcal

Post by davidzill » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:17 am

I’ve posted in the Orbx forums as well. Once I upgraded I noticed a huge performance increase. Taxiing at KSFO in the PMDG QOTSII, I have a solid 60 FPS. However, I have had a few major issues, I believe may be incompatibilities between Flightbeam and Orbx’s software. Posting here as well so you guys can take a look.

First and foremost Orbx at times will overwrite many of my KSFO files with Orbx taxiways, runways, ground textures. The only way for me to fix it is to uninstall KSFO and then reinstall KSFO.Much of the autogen around the immediate area of KSFO doesn’t load. Possibly related to disabling the recommended ORBX files in the Flightbeam control panel.

The next major issue is stutters at times I would describe as microfreezes. Takeoff roll on 28R in the PMDG QOTSII going nice and smooth...solid 60FPS. Right when I rotate, the stuttering begins, literally one solid second frame pauses, lasting for 20-30 seconds before smoothing out. Then flying around the Bay Area I’ll get it again, making me think it’s more related to Orbx software. I’m not sure if this is something you guys are aware of or if others have reported similar.

SammyH
United States of America

Re: P3D V5/ KSFO / ORBX True Earth Norcal

Post by SammyH » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:15 pm

Well, there very well could be some compatibility issues as True Earth is a new product and you are mixing it with our SFO which is substantially older. I personally do not own True Earth so I really cannot comment.

I believe as you mentioned though sounds more so like something is trying to load in once you are departing. If you are starting at SFO for your departure than our entire scenery should be loaded into the sim at the start.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5