New Flightbeam Webstore and Account system: View our FAQ to resolve 99% of issues: http://flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3406

How To Change When Runway/Tarmac/Taxi Lights Turn On/Off  [SOLVED]

Official Support Forum
cstei255
Verified Customer
United States of America

How To Change When Runway/Tarmac/Taxi Lights Turn On/Off

Post by cstei255 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:10 pm

I posted this in the P3D forum - I was directed to a Flightbeam Studios forum question that touches on but didn't completely answer my question (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2429 ). Nonetheless, it appears I should be posting my question here vs. P3D. This is probably more of a generic question vs. airport specific, but I didn't find a place to post.

I'm using P3D 4.3 and I would like to adjust the timing of when lights turn on/off in P3D. For example, while on the tarmac starting my taxi the airport lights switched off as did the taxi light (default 737). My issue is the lights are either turning on too late or off too early. In this case, the taxi lights stopped illuminated the tarmac at the exact same moment the airport lights shut off and there was at least 30 mins or so of time when the taxi lights were needed.

If I understand correctly, the other questions that have been asked (see post link above) address runway lighting - which it appears FBS is looking to address.

Thank you for any help you may have.

Chuck

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Re: How To Change When Runway/Tarmac/Taxi Lights Turn On/Off  [SOLVED]

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:21 am

Hello Chuck, for normal operations we have no control over when the lights turn off/on. This is controlled by P3Ds day night system variable.
For the post you linked, that is a separate issue for weather related runway/approach lights that remain on throughout the day for IFR ops.

Hope this helps.