Runway Lighting SODE

Official Support Forum
Urmel81
Verified Customer
Germany

Runway Lighting SODE

Post by Urmel81 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:26 am

Hello Mir,
thanks for your fantastic Product. Looks awesome.
I have done my first flight out of NZWN, but I can't see nearly anything, because of P3D Lights. They are turning lights off too early and on to late.
Is it possible that you change the lighting system (Ruinway + Apron + ...) to SODE controlled? It's much more easy (or better to say it's only possible this way) to adjust lighting. Times, Precipitation, Visibility, only Runway, ... and much more is possible.
That will be a really nice feature, there are so many clouds and rain here. I think they have the runway lights (and other's) on a lot of times.

Regards and thanks for considering
Urmel

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Re: Runway Lighting SODE

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:09 am

Are you running any shader addons? The lights appear at a normal time on every system we tested. It's possible a shader addon is making your sim darker than it should.

Also, the lights are scripted. They will turn on automatically during low-vis conditions. Hope this helps.

Urmel81
Verified Customer
Germany

Post by Urmel81 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:58 am

Yes, I use Tomatoshade. The lights in P3D are always to late or turn off to early. It's to dark, even without any shader addons. I know it in real life from EDDB, the lights are on a long time, even when you think it's really not dark. I'm really sure the runway lights are on at rain, but even with an high visiblity.
That's why I'm asking for SODE lights, much more easy to adjust, even for an user. (not only runway lights).
The lighting system of P3D is not the best, we know.

And the most User's use Shaders now, looks much more realistic.

mburkhard
Verified Customer
Switzerland

Post by mburkhard » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:56 pm

Mir,
what you call "normal time" for the lights to activate might be normal for P3D, but it's not realistic. That's why Urmel81 is suggesting a switch to SODE controlled lights, which can be programmed in a MUCH more realistic way regarding the triggers for when to activate or deactivate the lights, especially for bad weather. Would be amazing to have that with Wellington.