Forum Limited Support: The forums are a means of exchanging helpful information, however due to limited staffing we may not be able to respond to support requests. For more prompt support, please head over to the Solution Center

Remove Asobo's KDEN if you own MSFS Premium-Deluxe (Double buildings)

Official Support Forum
Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Remove Asobo's KDEN if you own MSFS Premium-Deluxe (Double buildings)

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:24 am

THIS FIX IS NO LONGER NEEDED

This notice is for KDEN v1.0
KDEN v1.02 fixes this problem automatically and there is no need to manually disable Asobo's KDEN. See update here

If you own MSFS Premium Deluxe, you must remove Asobo's KDEN in order for KDEN to display properly. This can be done by opening the Content Manager in your profile section in the game, and searching for KDEN.

Step 1: Launch MSFS, and go to your profile section from the main screen

Step 2: Click "Content Manager"

Step 3: Search for KDEN, select Asobo's KDEN and click the button to Delete.

Step 4: restart the sim

rick66
Verified Customer
New Zealand

Re: Remove Asobo's KDEN if you own MSFS Premium-Deluxe (Double buildings)

Post by rick66 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:17 pm

I`ve noticed it just updates Default KDEN on the next game start, I have not found a way to stop this? Can you advise if i'm doing this correctly.
1) Gotto Profile and search KDEN.
2) Click on Asobo KDEN and delete.
3)Done
I`ve already installed FB KDEN, But when i exit MSFS and start it again it updates the game and reinstalls again.

Cheers
i7 8086K(Delidded@5.2),ASUS ROG Maximus X Formula, Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4, Oculus Rift S

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:21 pm

rick66 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:17 pm
I`ve noticed it just updates Default KDEN on the next game start, I have not found a way to stop this? Can you advise if i'm doing this correctly.
1) Gotto Profile and search KDEN.
2) Click on Asobo KDEN and delete.
3)Done
I`ve already installed FB KDEN, But when i exit MSFS and start it again it updates the game and reinstalls again.

Cheers
Hi Rick, do you have the Marketplace KDEN or the version on the flightbeam shop?
Just to be sure, you're not deleting the Asobo KDEN folder via explorer? (doing this will re-install and re-activate the default KDEN)

rick66
Verified Customer
New Zealand

Post by rick66 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:29 pm

I bought it today from FB shop and used the installer. My FS2020 is the Microsoft Premium Deluxe version not Steam. And i`m deleting the Asobo KDEN within the game from my profile! The box is unticked also and Contrail is updated, But i`m seeing the Double Control towers etc.
i7 8086K(Delidded@5.2),ASUS ROG Maximus X Formula, Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4, Oculus Rift S

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:11 pm

Hi Rick,
Thanks for the info.
I've updated the instructions above to reflect this new bug, see the top post.

rick66
Verified Customer
New Zealand

Post by rick66 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:22 am

Thank you Mir.. That did it.. Awesome. Looks fantastic.

Cheers Rick

Aviator1979
Verified Customer
Belgium

Post by Aviator1979 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:11 am

can we also just put .off to it like before? thank u

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:13 am

Aviator1979 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:11 am
can we also just put .off to it like before? thank u
I believe that will work as well.. however I've not tested it.
Just note there is no risk of "losing" those files permanently, if you delete the entire folder, it will automatically re-download it upon launch of the sim. Hope this helps!

Aviator1979
Verified Customer
Belgium

Post by Aviator1979 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:28 am

ok thank u sir Mir :-)

Collegeroad
Verified Customer
Great Britain

Post by Collegeroad » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:34 am

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\asobo-airport-kden-denver nothing is in there and I do haver premium deluxe.

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:39 am

Collegeroad wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:34 am
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\asobo-airport-kden-denver nothing is in there and I do haver deluxe.
Did you purchase it from the MS store? That is the default location. When you first installed the sim, it asks you where you want to install the packages. If you specified anything else other than the default location, then it's located somewhere else. Simply navigate to where you specified during the initial installation.

Collegeroad
Verified Customer
Great Britain

Post by Collegeroad » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:44 am

hi Mir no definitely not from your store of course "love your products want to support you :)" am trying this you listed - Delete: "layout.json" and "manifest.json"

layout.json" and "manifest.json after doing this only I think I just have your scenery :)

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:48 pm

Sounds good. As Mir said, once you have found the install location (which appears you did) and you delete the two files he mentioned the Asobo KDEN will still be present in your file structure, however the scenery will not appear in the actual sim, nor will it try to update and bring it back into the sim. After those files are disabled, head over to the contrails download and install KDEN via contrails and you are good to go.

Happy flying :)
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

Morbius
United States of America

Post by Morbius » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:46 pm

So I have the MSFS Premium-Deluxe version, and I purchased KDEN directly through the Marketplace option in the sim. However, no matter how hard I look, I simply cannot find C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\asobo-airport-kden-denver. I've checked the tree under my user name, under the Default user name, and under the Public user name, and I simply don't find anything like this?

In fact, if I do a search in File Explorer, starting at C:, I cannot find any copies of manifest.json or layout.json anywhere on the drive that seem to be part of MSFS, although I do find a number of manifest.json files associated to other programs and folders. I have File Explorer set to show hidden files, so I don't think that's the issue. And I simply let the Microsoft Store install the MSFS 2020 sim in it's default location, though I've looked through the other drives on my PC just to be sure it wasn't there.

I simply cannot even find where MSFS 2020 is installed, yet it loads and plays fine, so I assume that it is being somehow hidden from me somewhere, I just can't figure out how or where? I checked to be sure I have admin rights on the account I'm using on the machine, and see no issue there either. So how can the sim...and your software...be on my machine, yet I'm unable to locate where to remove the two .json files you say will fix this issue?

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:59 pm

Morbius wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:46 pm
So I have the MSFS Premium-Deluxe version, and I purchased KDEN directly through the Marketplace option in the sim. However, no matter how hard I look, I simply cannot find C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\asobo-airport-kden-denver. I've checked the tree under my user name, under the Default user name, and under the Public user name, and I simply don't find anything like this?

In fact, if I do a search in File Explorer, starting at C:, I cannot find any copies of manifest.json or layout.json anywhere on the drive that seem to be part of MSFS, although I do find a number of manifest.json files associated to other programs and folders. I have File Explorer set to show hidden files, so I don't think that's the issue. And I simply let the Microsoft Store install the MSFS 2020 sim in it's default location, though I've looked through the other drives on my PC just to be sure it wasn't there.

I simply cannot even find where MSFS 2020 is installed, yet it loads and plays fine, so I assume that it is being somehow hidden from me somewhere, I just can't figure out how or where? I checked to be sure I have admin rights on the account I'm using on the machine, and see no issue there either. So how can the sim...and your software...be on my machine, yet I'm unable to locate where to remove the two .json files you say will fix this issue?
Hi, when you first installed the sim, it's likely you simply pointed the installation files to go in a different directory.
Open a new explorer window, and paste this into it:

Code: Select all

%AppData%\Microsoft Flight Simulator
Zip up this file: "UserCfg.opt" and send it to us: support@flightbeam.net
Or if you're feeling brave, open it with Notepad and find your installation path all the way at the end after "InstalledPackagesPath"

Morbius
United States of America

Post by Morbius » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:08 pm

Mir // Flightbeam wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:59 pm
Morbius wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:46 pm

Hi, when you first installed the sim, it's likely you simply pointed the installation files to go in a different directory.
Open a new explorer window, and paste this into it:

Code: Select all

%AppData%\Microsoft Flight Simulator
Zip up this file: "UserCfg.opt" and send it to us: support@flightbeam.net
Or if you're feeling brave, open it with Notepad and find your installation path all the way at the end after "InstalledPackagesPath"
I'm a bit confused by the instructions here...when you say "Open a new explorer window and paste this into it", do you mean a new File Explorer window, an Internet Explorer window, or what? And where exactly in File Explorer (or whatever explorer you mean) did you want me to paste that into...the search field? I tried that, and it seemed to do nothing? I'm just not clear exactly where and what it is you're asking me to do. I also don't know what the "Code: SELECT ALL" is in the window in your post...is that something I add somewhere as well?

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:22 am

Morbius wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:08 pm
I'm a bit confused by the instructions here...
Hi again, alright, lets try step by step instructions, using an easier method. I'm assuming you have purchased MSFS through Microsoft.. and not Steam. If you purchased through Steam, this won't work.

Step 1: Open a Windows Explorer window, put your cursor in the address bar. It looks like this:

explorer_step1.jpg

Step 2: Paste this location, but replace "YOURUSERNAME" with whatever username your PC is. Press Enter to go there:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

explorer_step2.jpg
Step 3: In that folder, you'll see a file called UserCfg.Opt. Just email us that file (support@flightbeam.net). This process is just to figure out where you pointed the sim to install your files.
explorer_step3.jpg

UAL4life
Verified Customer

Post by UAL4life » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:46 am

lol I couldnt find the ASOBO KDEN either then I realized I pointed it to a different location on installation. thanks for the help!

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:16 am

No problem at all, hope all is working for you now @UAL4life.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

Morbius
United States of America

Post by Morbius » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:10 pm

Mir // Flightbeam wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:22 am
Morbius wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:08 pm
I'm a bit confused by the instructions here...
Hi again, alright, lets try step by step instructions, using an easier method. I'm assuming you have purchased MSFS through Microsoft.. and not Steam. If you purchased through Steam, this won't work.

Step 1: Open a Windows Explorer window, put your cursor in the address bar. It looks like this:

explorer_step1.jpg

Step 2: Paste this location, but replace "YOURUSERNAME" with whatever username your PC is. Press Enter to go there:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

explorer_step2.jpg

Step 3: In that folder, you'll see a file called UserCfg.Opt. Just email us that file (support@flightbeam.net). This process is just to figure out where you pointed the sim to install your files.

explorer_step3.jpg
I wanted to say thanks for these instructions, as they made all the difference in the world! (I actually thought I had posted this thanks earlier today, but I still don't see it in the forum, so thought I better resubmit it). My problem appears to be that I was trying to paste in the long string in the far right "Search" box in file explorer, instead of pasting it directly in the box to the left, that show the current directory tree. Once I put the string in the right place, I was able to easily locate and remove the two .json files mentioned, which were in the default location....I just couldn't find out how to get there earlier due to my incorrect placement of the string.

I did want to mention that (now that I am confident I'm seeing just the FB scenery onscreen) that there are a couple of small issues I noticed, mostly because I was just at this airport two days ago. First, the south side of the big glass Westin hotel attached to the terminal actually has two curved glass canopies extending out over the light rail platform there. In your scenery, you show these as being just kind of open air lattice type structures, with something on the ground below them that kind of looks like it might have been for the glass that should be in the canopy structure, but I'm not sure what that is. In reality the canopies are covered with pretty much the same glass as the rest of the hotel. I figured out (I think!) how to add photos of both the real DIA and the ingame verison to show the difference below.

And secondly, I notice that most of the cars appearing in the parking lots and structures around the airport appear to be just flat painted-on representations, whereas the Asobo scenery for this airport has them much more 3D in appearance. These are just two minor issues for sure, as the rest of the airport looks great!

REAL DIA
Real DIA.png
FB DIA SCREENSHOT
Microsoft Flight Simulator 8_21_2020 11_25_50 AM.png

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:44 pm

Morbius wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:10 pm
I did want to mention that (now that I am confident I'm seeing just the FB scenery onscreen) that there are a couple of small issues I noticed, mostly because I was just at this airport two days ago. First, the south side of the big glass Westin hotel attached to the terminal actually has two curved glass canopies extending out over the light rail platform there. In your scenery, you show these as being just kind of open air lattice type structures, with something on the ground below them that kind of looks like it might have been for the glass that should be in the canopy structure, but I'm not sure what that is. In reality the canopies are covered with pretty much the same glass as the rest of the hotel. I figured out (I think!) how to add photos of both the real DIA and the ingame verison to show the difference below.
Thanks very much for your feedback!
The canopy is actually covered with glass in our scenery.. however for some odd reason, when the game was released.. it disappeared for unknown reasons. I'm still investigating why and how. But even the marketing screenshots display it correctly:
Screenshot_5.jpg
I agree with your feedback about the vehicles. We'll clean that area up for the next update.

Thank you.

spsergey71
Russia

Post by spsergey71 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:23 am

Hello!
At the end of runway 16R there were hangars, and now there is a foundation pit. Maybe there is still some conflict with the default scenarios?
Attachments
1.jpg

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:45 am

When did you see hangars there, and was it a Flightbeam Scenery you saw it in?
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:37 am

In my opinion there is no conflict. I am guessing you probably seen Hangars there on a less detailed default version of Denver.

My Denver shows the exact same thing as does Google Earth. These retaining pools are supposed to be there.
KDEN.jpg
KDEN Pool.jpg
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:26 pm

I also went back and looked at v4 and v5 and do not see any hangars located there either, so not sure where you saw that at. Only difference between v4/5 and MS2020 is the collection pools are not present in v4/5 due to the nature of the sim, but I have never seen hangars there.

Screenshots from v4/5
2020-8-22_13-3-10-148.jpg
2020-8-22_13-21-25-220.jpg
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

spsergey71
Russia

Post by spsergey71 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:44 am

You're right. probably left in memory from the default version.

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:49 am

No worries at all.

Enjoy, and happy flying!
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

spsergey71
Russia

Post by spsergey71 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:19 pm

Thanks!

johnk51
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by johnk51 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:28 pm

I ran the contrailsetup, but when I click on install, it want's to put it in the C:\. I have everything on my D:\, and it won't let me change to that folder. How do I get it to install the the correct folder. I went ahead and installed, but got an error: The APPX file can not be accessed because it is not encrypted as expected: 'D'WpSystem'S-1-5-21-3180915977-2701435976-2921732013-1001\AppData\Local\ContrailApp\Temp\FB_KDEN_MSFS_100.zip'. What does that mean?
John K

29Palms
Germany

Post by 29Palms » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:02 pm

Hi John,

Contrail points to your MSFS library by default - since there can be only one library with the current version of MSFS, the path can not be altered.
As for the error, please go to the following folder:

"C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ContrailApp\Logs"

then zip it and send it to our support at : support [at] 29palms.de

Did you move Contrail to your D: drive somehow?
Best regards,
Lars

29Palms
Germany

Post by 29Palms » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:08 pm

It looks like Contrail got installed to your Windows Apps folder, that is not the default location where it should be:

"C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ContrailApp\"

Inside the Windows Apps folder there can be conflicts, like the one you got where Windows assumes files are APPX files, so any read/write operation fails.

If you are not able to move the App out of there, you can define a different Download and Temp Download path in the Contrail Settings (lower-left menu), that should solve the issue for you
Best regards,
Lars

johnk51
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by johnk51 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:53 pm

Well, apparently even though all the game is on my D:\. ContrailApp uses the C:\ to install it on my D:\. So everything is working fine. Can't wait till I can get the rest of FB scenery on there. And defiantly my PMDG aircraft and better GAs.
John K

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:46 pm

Sounds good. Glad all is working.

Happy flying!
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

29Palms
Germany

Post by 29Palms » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:50 am

Hey John,

glad to hear that it's working now!
The system of Windows Apps like MSFS is a bit complicated: If you move them to another drive, it creates a junction (a sort of link) so the paths appear like they are on the C: drive, but the actual files/folders are on your D: drive.
Best regards,
Lars