Forum Limited Support: The forums are a means of exchanging helpful information, however due to limited staffing we may not be able to respond to support requests. For more prompt support, please head over to the Solution Center

Big dip in Rwy 34R at approach end  [SOLVED]

Official Support Forum
jfwharton
United States of America

Big dip in Rwy 34R at approach end

Post by jfwharton » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:13 pm

I just purchased KDEN for FS2020 and noticed when taking off on Runway 34R that there is a bid drop in the runway not far from the approach end of the runway.

SammyH
United States of America

Re: Big dip in Rwy 34R at approach end

Post by SammyH » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:01 pm

Photo?

As we mentioned in other post, there are several dips at Denver currently mainly due to the fact that Denver has a lot of elevation changes.

However there is a bug that needs to be addressed by Asobo/MS before we can fix some of the issues with elevation. Not all the elevation at Denver is supposed to be hilly and sloped but it requires work by them before we can adjust it correctly.

If you look under Denver for MSFS2020 in the FAQ section located in the link below, it talks about the hills and elevation. Mir has it on the radar but as mentioned requires work by others.
https://shop.flightbeam.net/apps/help-c ... y-taxiways
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

jfwharton
United States of America

Post by jfwharton » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:21 pm

I read the information in the link you provided and I uninstalled Flightbeam KDEN and restored the original KDEN that does not have the hill issues that are present in the Flightbeam KDEN. How long do you think it will take to correct this issue with the Flightbeam KDEN?

jfwharton
United States of America

Post by jfwharton » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:09 pm

I took some screenshots of my issue and the other listed in another post. The last two are from Flightbeam's KDEN. The first two are from the KDEN that came with my Premium Deluxe Edition of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. As you can see in the first set of screenshots there are no hills or drops in the default KDEN. Only in the second set, Flightbeam's KDEN.
Attachments
35R high speed default kden.jpg
R34R approach end default kden.jpg
35R highs speed off.jpg
R34R approach end drop.jpg

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:00 pm

We will not compare a default airport to a third party one. Third party airports are always going to be more detailed and usually have way more accurate data. The only reason you do not see those hills in the default version is because it was created by Asobo and MSFS Team members which obviously they know what to implement in there own technology, however, this information and the tools used were not given to third party developers which is why I said when they fix the issue (already reported to them) then we will be able to make the elevation changes better. But as mentioned before, there are "several" elevation changes at KDEN in real life including ones on the Runways so just because we are going to fix it once Asobo/MSFS team does there part does not mean it is going to disappear, FYI.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

jfwharton
United States of America

Post by jfwharton » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:03 am

Ok thank you for the information. I will wait for a fix. In the mean time I have deleted the Flightbeam KDEN scenery.

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:53 am

jfwharton wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:13 pm
I just purchased KDEN for FS2020 and noticed when taking off on Runway 34R that there is a bid drop in the runway not far from the approach end of the runway.
Hi there,
The fixes are in for the next patch in regards to the bumps.
However.. there is no dip or big bump on 34R. Did you mean a different runway?

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Re: Big dip in Rwy 34R at approach end  [SOLVED]

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:06 am

Fixed in patch v1.03, marking as solved