Forum Limited Support: The forums are a means of exchanging helpful information, however due to limited staffing we may not be able to respond to support requests. For more prompt support, please head over to the Solution Center

flightbeam mananger

Official Support Forum
chiron737
United States of America

flightbeam mananger

Post by chiron737 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:55 pm

do I need the flightbeam manager for MSFS 2020? Everything installed good, sode jet ways work, is there anything I need the manager for? I don't have sode ,do I need it for MSFS 2020? thanks.

29Palms
Germany

Re: flightbeam mananger

Post by 29Palms » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:10 pm

Hi there,

purchases for MSFS via the Flightbeam Webshop can be activated and downloaded with our new app "Contrail". The Flightbeam Manager is not needed nor compatible with MSFS. The same goes for SODE which is not compatible with MSFS either (at the moment)
Best regards,
Lars

Seanmo
Kiribati

Post by Seanmo » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:13 pm

I would prefer to buy KDEN and future MSFS airports directly from FlightBeam so that you get all the revenue. But if I have to install some new app to "activate" it, then no thanks. I'll buy from the MSFS Marketplace. Is that really how it works purchasing directly from Flightbeam? I mean its scenery. There's no executables that I have to worry about with scenery.
Why I am no longer on Avsim: A loser by the name of w6kd "warned" me for pointing out he used the derogatory "M$" to refer to MSFT. Don't need that from a pre-teen who wants to play with the adults.

chiron737
United States of America

Post by chiron737 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:06 pm

OK thanks for the info, and to Seanmo I bought this directly from Flightbeam. Also the new contrail app is very easy.

29Palms
Germany

Post by 29Palms » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:27 am

Hi Seanmo,

we needed a way to install and activate sceneries for purchases directly from the Flightbeam Shop, but instead of going the way of installers, you only have to download Contrail one time.
The app's main goal is to combine multiple apps into one - it supports multiple connected shops and will eventually replace the Flightbeam Manager, the 29Palms Configurator and possibly others. Yesterday LatinVFR's KMIA has been released via Contrail as well, plenty more are to come.

Sure it's "just scenery" but if we would provide plain old zip archives for our customers to unpack - that wouldn't be very user friendly, plus you would have to download new archives/installers every time there is an update. And we'd have no way of protecting our products against piracy.

Hope that makes sense and thank you for considering buying directly from the developer!
Best regards,
Lars