Forum Limited Support: The forums are a means of exchanging helpful information, however due to limited staffing we may not be able to respond to support requests. For more prompt support, please head over to the Solution Center

KPDX ILS frequencies unavailable within aircraft

Official Support Forum
Dillon
United States of America

KPDX ILS frequencies unavailable within aircraft

Post by Dillon » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:47 pm

This has to be a new feature in FS2020 as aircraft can now get all airport related info from within the plane. In the Longitude a cool feature I always use is to look up ILS frequencies when ATC changes my plans. Couldn't do this flying into FB's KPDX.
I get tower frequencies but not runways. I uninstalled the airport and they came back. I've seen this with a few freeware airports where with the add-on scenery installed an entry must be missing somewhere unique to FS2020 development. If you guys can find out what's going on with this new feature and get this added to your scenery it would be great. I'm sure it's just a text edit somewhere. It's nice to be able to pull up runway frequencies from inside the aircraft when winds change and ATC clears you for another runway. Outside of that great scenery!

iblueyonder
United States of America

Re: KPDX ILS frequencies unavailable within aircraft

Post by iblueyonder » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:40 pm

I'll look into it. We didn't purposefully edit any of the ILS or approach data, but that doesn't mean it didn't inadvertently get affected.
Bill Womack
Polypoke & Pixel Cowboy

i7-6700k 4GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce 1070 8GB VRAM - Windows 10 - P3D 4.4

brianbash
Verified Customer

Post by brianbash » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:28 am

Also will confirm I am having the same issue with KPDX and no ILS Freq in aircraft.

BrzI
Canada

Post by BrzI » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:43 am

Plus 1 . No ILS available from A320 Neo - with the Japan Update version installed.

BrzI
Canada

Post by BrzI » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:05 am

I did a flight to 28L at KPDX yesterday using the A32NX Project neo.

It did not automatically pick up the ILS frequency - like it does in all other sceneries. But when I manually tuned the ILS frequency the ILS diamonds became active and I was able to engage the glide slop just fine.

Not sure about the Asobo aA320 behaviour....

Manny
Verified Customer

Post by Manny » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:08 am

I came to post the same thing. When I type in the freq manually in the MCDU it took it and I could fly the ILS.

when flying from KPDX (Flight beam) to FSDT CYCR Vancouver, I have the frequency.

Initially I thought all add on airports had this issue since many of my addon airports lose the ILS freq. But its only some/many addon airports has this issue.

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:05 am

Hi all, after further investigation there is a general bug with ILS and addon airports. Asobo has been made aware of this and we simply have to wait for them to resolve this. It happens with some Addon airports for some reason and other developers have also reported this to Asobo in the developer forum.