Forum Limited Support: The forums are a means of exchanging helpful information, however due to limited staffing we may not be able to respond to support requests. For more prompt support, please head over to the Solution Center

FS2020 Installation Problem  [SOLVED]

Official Support Forum
gollum65
United States of America

FS2020 Installation Problem

Post by gollum65 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:32 am

Hi. Thanks for the beautiful scenery and the discount! But I can't figure out how to install it into FS2020? I purchased through the Flightbeam webstore, downloaded and installed the Contrails software, installed Denver in Contrails....but when I go into FS2020 it doesn't give me any indication that anything new has been installed, and in fact Denver is still available for purchase in the marketplace.

I suspect this may be because I didn't install FS2020 into my default C drive? Do I have to tell Contrails what folder FS2020 is installed into? And if so, which folder am I supposed to tell it? I installed FS2020 onto my D drive, which is my fast SSD that P3D v5 is also installed on. Fs2020 created 3 or 4 folders on that drive.

Thanks.

SammyH
United States of America

Re: FS2020 Installation Problem  [SOLVED]

Post by SammyH » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:00 am

Well, before anything do you have the Premium Deluxe edition?

If so, did you remove Asobo's DEN first? If not, see post below:
https://www.flightbeam.net/forums/viewt ... =53&t=3832

Once you have done that you will then need to download contrails and Denver (I know you mentioned you have done that already).

If you have removed the Asobo DEN and installed Flightbeam Denver correctly you can do a few things to check.

Open the Contrails App and click on Configure for KDEN which if you hover over the DEN Icon it will appear. Once you do that look at the file path that it says your Flightbeam DEN is installed in and ensure it is the same location as you put your sim in. Additionally you can look in the folder outlined in my second image to see if your Flightbeam Denver is in that location.

This is not like FSX and P3D where it will give you a notification, it simply does it and you are supposed to recognize the difference, at least that is my take from how it is designed. People are use to the notification from FSX, and P3D.

Hope this helps.
Contrails.jpg
Path.jpg
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

gollum65
United States of America

Re: FS2020 Installation Problem

Post by gollum65 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:34 am

Thanks for the response. I only purchased the basic $60 version of FS2020. In the Contrail app it does show KDEN installed into a folder on the drive that FS2020 is installed on. But the path you show in your second screenshot is empty. There's nothing in that folder at all.

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:38 am

And it is not installed on Steam, correct?

I have two folders with almost the exact same location markings, you may need to check for the second folder to find it. Also, in contrails it gives you the file path to where it actually installed, you can follow that path and find it that way as well.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

gollum65
United States of America

Post by gollum65 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:16 pm

No, not purchased from Steam. Bought it directly from the Microsoft FS2020 page. Yes, it actually is installed I guess. I didn't know what the default Denver looked like as I hadn't been to any big airports yet. But it does look like the screenshots from your website. And, what I didn't know is that the MS Marketplace does not recognize products that were not purchased in the marketplace. I imagine all 3rd party developers are going to get questions like this. I assumed since the marketplace was still trying to sell it to me that it meant that it wasn't installed. But the marketplace only recognizers purchases made in the marketplace. That's kinda dumb and it's going to lead to confusion, and probably even people buying add ons twice.

Anyway, thanks for your help. It looks beautiful!

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:29 pm

No problem at all, and yes, the Marketplace does not recognize items that were purchased.

Glad all is working now, enjoy the new sim.

Happy flying!
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff