Forum Limited Support: The forums are a means of exchanging helpful information, however due to limited staffing we may not be able to respond to support requests. For more prompt support, please head over to the Solution Center

KDEN runway usage?  [SOLVED]

Official Support Forum
Erik
Netherlands

KDEN runway usage?

Post by Erik » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:40 am

Hello FB team, I am curious if you managed to get the correct runway usage in KDEN for Microsoft Flight Simulator. In FSX it was not possible to close one end of the runway, this bug was already fixed by Lockheed Martin in P3Dv4. Is this possible in MSFS?

https://www.faa.gov/airports/planning_c ... e-2014.pdf
CPU: Intel i7 4790K @ 4.40 Ghz | RAM: 16GB DDR3 | GPU: GTX 1080ti | VRAM: 11 GB | MSFS 1.7.14

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Re: KDEN runway usage?

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:11 am

Hi there,

Currently we've got the proper settings in the airport for real world ops... however getting MSFS to comply with our settings is another issue. Hopefully they can improve this over time. For the time being it seems to send traffic out to whatever runways it pleases.

Theersink
United States of America

Post by Theersink » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:14 pm

I have to disagree. If you do an inbound flight to flightbeam KDEN you get 2 runway choices for landing from ATC. 16r and 16l. In fact I have never landed at any other with your product. Same for takeoffs. Even if you set the TO runway ATC does not see it as active and directs you to 16R or 16L.

Remove Flightbeam version and the sim will use all runways and the ILS issue is gone. This tells me it is not a MSFS issue and obviously the setting for theirs work. There are other payware runways without these kinds of issues or they were fixed quickly.

This coupled with the offset ILS makes me wish I'd never purchased. The only thing I have gotten from support is "we're investigating" or it is MSFS fault.

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:20 pm

Theersink wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:14 pm
I have to disagree. If you do an inbound flight to flightbeam KDEN you get 2 runway choices for landing from ATC. 16r and 16l. In fact I have never landed at any other with your product. Same for takeoffs. Even if you set the TO runway ATC does not see it as active and directs you to 16R or 16L.

Remove Flightbeam version and the sim will use all runways and the ILS issue is gone. This tells me it is not a MSFS issue and obviously the setting for theirs work. There are other payware runways without these kinds of issues or they were fixed quickly.

This coupled with the offset ILS makes me wish I'd never purchased. The only thing I have gotten from support is "we're investigating" or it is MSFS fault.
Hi there "Theersink",

I agree there is some runway usage issues. This will hopefully be fixed within the next version. Things don't happen overnight. New sim, new product, new issues. We update our products regularly, relax 8-)

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Re: KDEN runway usage?  [SOLVED]

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:58 am

Hi all!
Update on this topic: we've identified and resolved this issue and have it queued for the next patch. Thanks for your patience :)