Forum Limited Support: The forums are a means of exchanging helpful information, however due to limited staffing we may not be able to respond to support requests. For more prompt support, please head over to the Solution Center

KDEN ILS approach issues  [SOLVED]

Official Support Forum
CajunLTE
United States of America

KDEN ILS approach issues

Post by CajunLTE » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:54 am

I am using the lastest Navigraph Cycle 2010-revision.12 available and have had several issues where the ILS approach seems to be about 40-50ft to the left of the center of the runway. Trying to figure out what is causing it. KDEN is very nice indeed and would love to get this resolved. :D

Erik
Netherlands

Re: KDEN ILS approach issues

Post by Erik » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:41 am

Have you tried with the stock NavData? In this way you can rule out if the issue is caused by the scenery or Navigraph ;)
CPU: Intel i7 4790K @ 4.40 Ghz | RAM: 16GB DDR3 | GPU: GTX 1080ti | VRAM: 11 GB | MSFS 1.7.14

Theersink
United States of America

Post by Theersink » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:41 am

I also have this issue and it does not occur with the default airport from MSFS nor with the defaul airport + Navigraph data.

If I remove the flightbeam version the ILS is correct.

I am using the Marketplace installed version as well.

DrkLink66
United States of America

Post by DrkLink66 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:26 am

I too have this issue with marketplace version of KDEN. None of the ILS frequencies work. I have taken a cessna up and flew a circle around the airport tuning each runways ILS and they do not come in. Doing the same on default (Handcrafted Asobo version) and the ILS works. I have removed default KDEN from content manager as per installation instructions and the FB KDEN ILS' still do not come in.
Friend who also has FB KDEN has the same issue with ILS. He has the standard KDEN (non hand crafted) airport and still able to pick up ILS with the default airport.

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:07 pm

Hi there,
Thanks for the reports. We'll look into this to see what the issue is.

Erik
Netherlands

Post by Erik » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:07 am

I think there are 2 issues reported here:
- ILS not being picked up -> this is a known issue with 3rd party scenery. If you enter the ILS manually it will work
- ILS off-set in combination with Navigraph -> Question: does is work with the stock data?
CPU: Intel i7 4790K @ 4.40 Ghz | RAM: 16GB DDR3 | GPU: GTX 1080ti | VRAM: 11 GB | MSFS 1.7.14

Theersink
United States of America

Post by Theersink » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:44 pm

Erik wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:07 am
I think there are 2 issues reported here:
- ILS not being picked up -> this is a known issue with 3rd party scenery. If you enter the ILS manually it will work
- ILS off-set in combination with Navigraph -> Question: does is work with the stock data?
As stated it does not occur with the default airport and Navigraph data OR just the default data. It is not a Navigraph issue. Removing Flightbeam KDEN resolves the ILS issues with or without Navigraph.

DrkLink66
United States of America

Post by DrkLink66 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:25 pm

Erik wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:07 am
Assuming then that it's an SDK issue for 3rd party airports and navigation. As even manually entering the ILS frequencies flying around KDEN in a 172 I was still unable to pick them up.

BrzI
Canada

Post by BrzI » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:31 pm

The issue is also present in the new KPDX for FS2020. I expect that FB will eventually sort it out.

BrzI
Canada

Post by BrzI » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:08 am

I did a flight to 28L at KPDX yesterday using the A32NX Project neo.

It did not automatically pick up the ILS frequency - like it does in all other sceneries - including one 3rd party scenery. But when I manually tuned the ILS frequency the ILS diamonds became active and I was able to engage the glide slop just fine.

Not sure about the Asobo aA320 behaviour....

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Re: KDEN ILS approach issues  [SOLVED]

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:51 am

Hi all, just an update on this issue after some investigation. There seems to be 2 different issues in this topic, so I'll address my findings for each one:

- ILS not being picked up automatically by aircraft: It appears this is a widespread issue with addon airports. We've encountered other devs investigating the same problem. The solution will be to create a custom ILS entry for each runway. Read further below on why this is a problem at the moment.

- Navigraph beta: ILS is offset from the runway. The solution is the same as above, the runways will need custom ILS entries.

The problem right now, is that Asobo has finally responded and has confirmed that ILS nav data at the moment is not editable by third party devs. This is apparently being worked on, however they have noted that "ILS data is complicated, so it will take some time to get them editable".

Therefore at the moment, we're waiting on the SDK in order for us to solve the problem. Right now we're stuck with stock data.

I'll update this thread when we have some movement on this topic. Thanks!

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:31 am

For now, I will mark this topic as solved since Mir has given a thorough explanation to the issue. When there is more to report, as he mentioned, he or I will post something.

Until then, thank you for your support and continued patience.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5