Missing Gates/Building and floating vehicles  [SOLVED]

Official Support Forum
forshaw
Canada

Missing Gates/Building and floating vehicles

Post by forshaw » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:27 pm

Hello Support;

I purchased this scenery in late September for FSX and installed it with no issues everything worked fine. I also had KSFO installed since 2016 so I already had the Manager installed when I purchased KDEN.

Before I go any further I want to point out that I have exactly the same issue with the KSFO scenery. The manger was installed when I got the notice and email to migrate while I had KSFO so as not to be dependent to GSX Add-on Manager. So KDEN was purchased when I already had the Manager installed

About 2 weeks ago both sceneries stopped working properly (Missing buildings/Gates and floating Vehicles) I got a notice stating that a new version of manager was available and so I update it. It may have started then, not sure since I flew to and from those airports 2 weeks ago. The Manager version is 3.01.

I uninstalled both sceneries including removing the library files as per the instructions and the issues still persist. I did it a few times same issues. There is also an update circle (I think that what it means) in the KDEN scenery in the manager. That same as another user stated in a similar post. BTW: carefully read that post but nothing there worked for me and I thing they were doing something different than I am.

I downed loaded the scenery files from the site link and from my order # link (which happens to be the same) and nothing worked. I tried everything possible and nothing. The versions numbers are as follows:
Manager: V3.01.5
FltBeam Notify: V3.0.0.0
KDEN: V2.01
KSFO: V2.03

I am getting frustrated (not at FlightBeam) about not getting it to work since I have never had issues before, I am computer savvy and know my way around FSX since I have been using it since it came out. I currently don\t have any additional add-on global scenery so no updates would affect it

What am I missing?

Thanks very much.

Kindest Regards.
Forshaw C

forshaw
Canada

Re: Missing Gates/Building and floating vehicles

Post by forshaw » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Hello Team;

Any updates? I would really like to get this issue resolved. It's occurring at both of my Flightbeam airports KSFO and KDEN. I would really like to resume using them.

Thanks again.

Kindest Regards.

Forshaw C.
Fltbeam Issue.jpg

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:57 pm

Did you run the Installers for everything as Administrator? You would be surprised to see this happen due to that.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

forshaw
Canada

Post by forshaw » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:24 pm

Thanks for your response Sammy. Yes I always run everything as an Administrator.
As I continue to try different things I decided to reinstalled KSFO using the original install file (which I had in my archive) from 2016 and it worked. I also reinstalled v2 from my archive 2018 and everything is working.

Unfortunately, I never had such a file for KDEN since it was purchased late Sep 2019 so I referred to the installer on the website, which still isn't working.

So basically the new installers on the website aren't working well, missing airport/gates and floating vehicles. Something isn't correct.

Thanks again.

Best Regards.
Forshaw C.

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:49 am

I would not say the installers are not working as this seems to be an issue isolated to yourself. All others who have used the installers have reported no such issues including myself.

We will continue to look into the issue but at this point very hard to reproduce the problem you are having.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

forshaw
Canada

Post by forshaw » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:02 pm

Hi Sammy;
Wrong choice of works on my part, meant to say "not working for me" I know others have had problems but it seemed to have been resolved. Trust me I am very eager to get it resolved. A few observation I want to add as I keep trying things.

1) I am running Win 7 Pro (not 10) not sure if that makes a difference.

2) Upon uninstallation of the scenery there is a message stating that the scenery should be removed from the scenery library (and should refer to the scenery manual for specifics) However, the manual has no reference of this. Should I just manually delete the entire scenery file in the FlightBeam folder in FSX before I run the uninstall? The uninstall does that since I do check it after the uninstall. Please reconfirm what I should do. I checked all other scenery folders and didn't see any reference to other KDEN files.

3) At the end of the installation during the completion I get the following messages 1) Adding to scenery file; 2) Entries already exists (does this mean that I should have manually deleted the scenery file before the uninstall?) Please let me know.; 3) Complete

4) After the installation I go into the manager and check for conflicts and 1 was identified "Aerosoft\AES\Scenery\AESA_KDEN_FLB.bgl. Before I removed the conflict no airport images were displayed except for floating vehicles. However, when I removed the conflict the gates appeared but not the building. So some conflict is preventing the scenery from displaying and I don't know of any. I do have AES installed but just for 2 airports not KDEN and haven't had any issues before. I haven't added any products and or scenery lately except for KDEN last month.

I do not have a paying FSDT GSX. I did purchase their KJFK scenery but uninstalled it years ago. Since they offer the GSX (free) with KSFO that's the only time I use it. So again nothing unusual installed to cause any conflict.

Any help you can provide given the additional information provided would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards.
Forshaw C.

forshaw
Canada

Post by forshaw » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:08 pm

Forgot to post the images of before removing the conflict and after removing the conflict.
The attachment With Conflict.jpg is no longer available

Forshaw C.
WO Conflict.jpg
Cheers.
Forshaw C

forshaw
Canada

Post by forshaw » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:13 pm

Sorry the last picture is after the conflict was removed.

This attached photo was before the conflict was remover in the Manager tool.

My apologies for that.

Forshaw C
With Conflict.jpg

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:33 pm

Oh man, it has been 10 + years since I have ran FSX. I would say, go to your scenery library within FSX and delete the entries for the airports in question.

Once complete, go to the Flightbeam Manager and uninstall the scenery from there (let the manager uninstall for you).

If you are curious at that point you can navigate in your main FSX Folder and find the Flightbeam Folder, inside it ensure that all folders in regards to the scenery removed are gone. Once done that check your Uninstall Programs directory for Windows to ensure no entries exist for whichever scenery you removed.

After completing all steps above then try reinstalling running everything as Administrator.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

forshaw
Canada

Post by forshaw » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:36 pm

Yes I am still a die hard FSX simmer. Runs great no OOM and I use PMDG and iFLY 747-8, Weather Engine add-ons sceneries and very smooth.

Thanks for your input did try what you suggested and a few more things and still the same issue. I am at a lost now. I will post on one of the general forum (Avsim) to see if probably someone had a similar issue that may have had something to do with an individual settings or something like that.

I reached out to FSDT GSX and they indicted that since FlightBean mow have their own new manager that should take care of such issues that I encountered.
I will continue to try and figure this out, it can't be that hard :)

Cheers.

Forshaw C.

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:32 pm

The manager is used to take care of problematic files which cause such instance, so yeah you can run the Troubleshooter tool and see if it finds anything but this is not a problematic file. There is something else causing your scenery to not appear. The troubleshooter looks for files that cause things like duplicate jetways, elevation problems caused by multiple AFCADs etc to name a few things.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

forshaw
Canada

Post by forshaw » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:05 am

The interesting thing is everything was fine until I upgraded the manager. Also in the attached photo you will see that the KDEN has the green circle, not sure what it means given that I think I have the updated KDEN version. Again this all started after the Manager update. If it's not related then it very coincidental.

Cheers.
Forshaw C.
KDEN 1.jpg

29Palms
Germany

Post by 29Palms » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:23 pm

Hi Forshaw,

sorry that I didn't see this thread earlier!
Please send an e-mail using the Manager (click on the paperplane icon in the upper right corner)
on the dialog check the box "Attach Simulator Files".

Thanks!
Best,
Lars

forshaw
Canada

Post by forshaw » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:39 pm

WOW, whatever you did worked. I logged into the Manger to send the email and noticed that the green circle on the KDEN Product was gone so I decided to try the Sim and both Airports came up fine. Not sure what you did on your end, what was the issue? When I purchase another product will I experience the same issue?

I went ahead and sent the email anyway just in the event you still needed it.

Thanks again.

Cheers.
Forshaw

29Palms
Germany

Re: Missing Gates/Building and floating vehicles  [SOLVED]

Post by 29Palms » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:02 pm

Hi Forshaw,

thanks for your mail! What I did was fix an issue server side where the Manager falesly indicated an update for KDEN under certain circumstances. However the Manager logs indicate that after logging-in and out again the sceneries were unlocked, I'm not entirely sure why they stayed locked in the first place - the logs are only kept for a few start-ups. I suppose an issue with the version of the Manager you have upgraded from.
Anyway, from now on you shouldn't have any issues with your products or future purchases. And if you do, please feel free to contact me right away: contact [at] 29palms.de
Sorry for the inconvenience and have fun flying!
Best,
Lars

forshaw
Canada

Post by forshaw » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:28 pm

Hi Lars;

Thanks for the explanation and resolution, I really appreciate it. Back to doing some flying in and out of your airports again.

Thanks again.

Kindest Regards.
Forshaw.

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:14 pm

Glad Lars was able to help you out. I sent out an email to our brain trust to see if they could figure it out, viola!

Glad you are up and running again.

Thank you for your patience.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff