KSFO HD COMMON PROBLEMS / FAQ

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

KSFO HD COMMON PROBLEMS / FAQ

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:04 am

I LOST MY DOWNLOAD LINK, SERIAL NUMBER OR OTHER ORDER INFO

SOLUTION:
As of July 1, 2019 we no longer use serial numbers unless you purchased from a third party vendor (Simmarket, PCAviator, etc).
To re-download, simply visit our new shop: https://shop.flightbeam.net/
Click "Account" and login, you will see all your downloads for your products.

If you don't see your products there and you've purchased it in the past from us, here are some reasons why this could be:

- You may have purchased them with a different email
- You haven't migrated your old orders yet

If you purchased anything from us before July 1, 2019, we have sent you an account invitation email which automatically merged your previous orders to our new store. If you did not receive this email, please email Support@flightbeam.net with as much information as possible.

If you purchased from different emails, you can merge those orders as well. Simply head over to our main FAQ to find out how: http://flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3406
Is this compatible with FTX Norcal?

SOLUTION:
Yes, although you have to manually disable a few files. Also, FTX Norcal modifies the coastline of SFO airport. For more info see this thread: http://flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2591

I see default KSFO buildings, duplicate buildings, or terrain anomalies

SOLUTION:
These are symptoms of a duplicate/conflicting AFCAD file that pre-existed in your sim. In the Flightbeam Manager, go to the main page and click the "Troubleshooting" tab. The Manager will then find possible conflicting files and you will be able to disable them directly.

Jetways do not work

SOLUTION:
KMSP uses SODE jetways. In order to use SODE jetways, you must first have SODE installed: http://sode.12bpilot.ch/
Once SODE is installed, be sure to turn on SODE option in the Flightbeam Manager. To get the jetway to connect, you can use Tab+S to open the SODE menu and select the gate... or if you have GSX simply use your GSX services shortcut (Ctrl + F12).

If you have installed SODE and jetways don't appear, be sure to check out the SODE Troubleshooting guide on the SODE website: https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?topic=troubleshoot-guide

Please note that SODE is an addon created by another developer, our support with SODE issue is limited since we did not create the software. For more in depth SODE support, visit the SODE support forum: https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=442
Severe flickering/flashing of textures

SOLUTION:
This happens when using ChasePlane cameras, or looking around in Avatar mode. If using ChasePlane, find your Cameras.cfg (back it up first). Change all instances of "ClipMode = Minimum" to "ClipMode = Normal" and save the file. Restart your sim.

Hard/incorrect coastline edge around 28R/28L threshold

SOLUTION:
This is caused by FTX Norcal. Unfortunately that product includes a custom water poly which overrides our scenery coastline. There is currently no way to disable this unless you uninstall FTX Norcal

The overpasses to the north of the airport don't line up right, or show premature shadows

SOLUTION:
You may be running FTX Norcal, which overrides elevation data. Since the elevation data is different from stock FSX to FTX Norcal, we have to create the overpasses to match only one. In this case obviously, stock FSX/P3D which is the majority of users.

My aircraft door isn't lined up correctly with the large white jetways at Terminal 3

SOLUTION:
FSX's programming has all aircraft stop at the same center point in a gate, even though different aircraft have different door locations. Unfortunately like in the real SFO, the large white jetways only move forward and up/down. Since they don't rotate, it's not possible to customize every aircraft stop location for the jetway to line up perfectly. Best solution is to use external view while slowly pulling up to the gate to verify jetway-door position alignment.
I got an "Out of Memory" error (OOM), or performance is bad

SOLUTION:
See our performance guide right here in the KSFOHD Support forum!

I see black squares on the ground where the gates are

SOLUTION:
A bug caused by DreamFlight's MRLB scenery. Just disable the scenery and it goes away. I've notified Dreamflight of this issue, I believe they are updating their installer.

pchimbolo
Verified Customer
United States of America

Re: KSFO HD COMMON PROBLEMS / FAQ

Post by pchimbolo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:16 pm

RE: 11 - I see black squares on the ground where the gates are

"Just remove that product and it goes away"

Just clarifying for some people, the MRLB scenery does not need to be uninstalled... just disabled in the "scenery.cfg" file. Minor inconvenience, and works great! Awesome KSFOHD scenery Mir!!! Thanks so much!

- pchimbolo

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:23 pm

Correct, you don't need to uninstall. You can simply use the Scenery Library as well, and uncheck the scenery to temporarily disable. This saves VAS/Virtual memory as well.
You can also navigate to where that scenery is and find parkmarks.bgl and rename it to parkmarks.OFF

hjmx
Verified Customer
Austria

Post by hjmx » Sun May 07, 2017 6:36 am

Is there any chance that overextended jetway (topic 2) are being fixed in near future?

Harry

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon May 08, 2017 10:22 am

hjmx wrote:Is there any chance that overextended jetway (topic 2) are being fixed in near future?

Harry
The next update for KSFO will include SODE jetways, which are far better and more advanced, that will solve that particular issue as well.

stevefocus
Verified Customer
Great Britain

Post by stevefocus » Tue May 09, 2017 12:58 pm

Mir // FlightBeam wrote:
hjmx wrote:Is there any chance that overextended jetway (topic 2) are being fixed in near future?

Harry
The next update for KSFO will include SODE jetways, which are far better and more advanced, that will solve that particular issue as well.

Great News. You got an ETA for that update Mir? Q3/Q4 2017?
Prepar3d v4, XP11
Windows 10 64bit
i7 6700K@4.6GHz
Asus ROG Strix GTX1080Ti OC
32GB Corsair Vengeance@2400MHz
256GB OCZ Vertex 4, 512GB OCZ Vector, 480GB OCZ Vector 150 and 6TB+4TB WD Black, 1TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2
Acer Predator X34
Corsair 900D

NorbertoVi

Post by NorbertoVi » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:34 am

Has the update been released yet?

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:48 am

NorbertoVi wrote:Has the update been released yet?
It was released back in August.