Forum Limited Support: The forums are a means of exchanging helpful information, however due to limited staffing we may not be able to respond to support requests. For more prompt support, please head over to the Solution Center

Installing outside the community folder

Official Support Forum
leonchike
United States of America

Installing outside the community folder

Post by leonchike » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:16 pm

I noticed Orbx gives the option to create a library folder in a different location and then creates a folder shortcut in the community folder on my C drive. Is it possible to install KDEN in a similar manner?

Best,
Leon

Erik
Netherlands

Re: Installing outside the community folder

Post by Erik » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:42 am

Not at this time. Why would you do that? If you install MSFS the app itself is installed in the default apps folder (mostly on C:\), but the contents can already be installed on another location... Why would you need a third location?
CPU: Intel i7 4790K @ 4.40 Ghz | RAM: 16GB DDR3 | GPU: GTX 1080ti | VRAM: 11 GB | MSFS 1.7.14

29Palms
Germany

Re: Installing outside the community folder

Post by 29Palms » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:40 pm

This is a planned feature for the Contrail app but not available at this time.
Like Erik already mentioned, you can move your MSFS content folder to any drive already. Contrail will indicate the C: drive still, but this is just due to Windows hard linking of the library folder. The "real" path will be at the drive where your MSFS library is installed at.
Best regards,
Lars